Friday, March 28, 2008

Bienvenido a Miami

I'm ashamed. I was doing so well with constantly updating the blog and in the past few days, Ive gotten quite a few e-mails about my lack of posts. I'm sorry- I promise to not make a habit of this now that I am back in the U.S. One of my best friends is getting married on Saturday (Congrats Bree!) and I've pretty much concentrated my energy on that...
Basically, its my excuse not to concentrate on anything else- including the fact that the Miami Spanish consulate is basically refusing to give me a Student Visa for next year without a three month process and therefore- I'm a prisoner to the U.S. through the summer. There go all my fantastic travel plans.
I miss England already- and the simplicity of my life there. It's not as easy here. At least not in Miami- I ordered a coffee today and the woman didn't understand me. She said "que? que?" until I finally broke and ordered in Spanish. Last time I checked, Miami was part of the English speaking world.
Everyone is tiny here too. In England, I was one of the skinny ones. Here? No chance. It must be something in the water.
My hair is frizzy from the humidity (totally forgot about that part...) and no one knows how to drive. Although, its not all bad. It's warm- I'll be tan within a week. I also saw my hairdresser who finally made my head look halfway decent.
Best part? THE DOLLAR! The glorious dollar! I'm going shopping tomorrow. Although I may have to learn to speak fluent Spanish in order to be helped by a salesperson, I'll actually be able to afford things. I'm thrilled.
So tomorrow night is the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. As a bridesmaid, I'm giving a speech and therefore, must conclude this little rant of mine.
Now, if only I could figure out how to sum up a 25 year friendship in half a page, I'd be golden.
Goodnight.
xx

No comments: