Monday, February 25, 2008

How I Cook

Today’s recipe: Truffle and Lemon Brussels Sprouts

But first, a preamble;

How I cook is comparable to how I live:
With reckless abandon-
No exact recipes, few measurements, no timers, no limits. (This is all quite possibly why I couldn’t bake a cake for my life. And on the other hand- why I enjoy living oh-so much.)

As you will soon find out, there is always plenty of room for improvisation in my recipes. If you are the type of cook who panics at a lack of exact instructions, I beg you- read no further or you may risk an anxiety attack. With that said, I want to make it abundantly clear that I love to eat and I love good food. Therefore, everything and anything that I make or recommend is (in my humble opinion) deliciously mouth-watering and simply delightful. I care more about taste than presentation- so please don’t expect restaurant style garnishes or brightly colored sauces drizzled around the plate. On the other hand, feel free to add whatever you want on your own time...

Ingredients:
-1.5-2.5 lbs shredded (thinly sliced) brussels sprouts
-About one tablespoon of white or black truffle oil
-One fresh lemon
-Salt and Pepper
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper and heat and stir until very tender. Add more oil if needed. Remove from heat, squeeze half the lemon and pour the truffle oil onto the sprouts. Stir, transfer to a bowl, serve and enjoy!!

No comments: