Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Bit of Inspiration

I finished Love in the Time of Cholera last night.
I absolutely adored it.
One line, towards the end of the novel, struck me as something beautiful that I would like to share with whoever is willing to listen (or reading my blog). So here it is:

"Then he looked at Florentino Ariza, his invincible power, his intrepid love, and he was overwhelmed by the suspicion that it is life, more than death, that has no limits."

I wish I could constantly remind myself of this simple truth- just to live each day a little fuller.

And along the same lines...my uncle wrote down a quote he said reminded him of me (which is unquestionably one of the greatest compliments I have ever received.)

"To Dare! Far better it is to dare mighty things to win glorious triumphs even though checkered with failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory or defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

(now, lets hope I remind him of one who dares, rather than a soul living in "grey twilight"!)

No comments: