Wednesday, August 6, 2008

going...going...gone

Two hours until I leave for the airport and I still haven’t finished packing. Which makes me think- maybe I’ll never be finished packing. Or unpacking for that matter.
And possibly, there is a reason behind this procrastination- like subconsciously not wanting to leave- or not wanting to begin…not yet.

Believe it or not, I have loved this “in-between” purgatorial period…this having finished one thing and not yet begun the next.

I liked saying “yes, I’m going to do my MBA in Spain”…but not having to do the work involved. It was like a free pass. I could do whatever I wanted- be wherever I wanted to be- pursue whatever I wanted to pursue- but still…. “She’ll be doing her MBA in Spain” or “She’s preparing for her MBA in Spain.” Now, as I shove my belongings into yet another suitcase, I have realized that I really will be “doing my MBA in Spain.” And I’m not sure I’m set to give up this freedom yet…but then again, I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.

Such is my life. And one hour and 55 minutes from now I will be closing another door behind me- a physical and metaphorical door- and walking through a new one. I will unpack my bags- for the time being- and I will be a student, in Spain, doing my MBA.

1 comment:

Handyman Sheboygan said...

Thoughtful blog thanks for sharing.